It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
White van wa**ers...
 Post subject: White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:32 pm 

Today coming back from Leeds i was nearly taken out twice IN THE CAR!!! by van drivers..

First was within 2 mins of leaving leeds,a transco van pulled out of some roadworks stright into my path causing me to run onto the verge at the side of the road,then the ******* laughed at me..my wife held my seatbelt to stop me getting out of the car *note to self,travel with wife less*..

The second was just coming into bradford i was in the left lane of a 3 lane dual carriageway and a plain white van came from the outside lane,crossed all 3 and cut infront of me down a sideroad,on a bike i doubt i would have walked away...

I sometimes wish my surival instincts werent so honed... "where theres blame theres a claim" springs to mind...

White van wa**ers...
 Post subject: Re: White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:43 pm 

Sat at a red light this morning, it went green and I set off, just as a bicycle overtakes me.
He cut across my front and turned left. I honestly thought about kissing his back tyre with my bumper, just a little love tap, just to see him sprawled. But time and maturing years got the better of me.

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm 

Glad you boys have your head screwed on.I however would have lost it !!!! I hate inconsiderate drivers,if someone would have laughed at me I doubt I'd do time,but best to keep it safe especially with the good lady at your side bradlad.Well done.

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 pm 

I'm a "White Van" man tomorrow - taking a Merc Sprinter + 2 bikes to the classic bike show at Stafford for the weekend.
Trouble is, no matter how hard I try, I just can't emulate their driving style - I let people out of junctions - indicate when changing lane / turning and use the middle lane of the motorway if it's empty.
Is there a special training school where I could learn the correct van driving techniques?

Garry.

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 pm 

No Garry,all you need to do is leave school at 12 and then sign up for the local brain donation program m8... :lol:

The Suzuki owners club has a stand at Stafford this weekend,i fancied going down but cant now.

Pop in and have a look m8.

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:52 am 

I'd love to do Stafford bike show but its too far and I'm working saturday and have other commitments tills midday on Sunday so no chance there.

It gets up my nose the number of people who come across from the outside lane and dive up a side road having left it too late to get over. I also find it daft when lorries go around a roundabout normally without indicators and then turn right cutting people up. Its a regular past time here with all the continentals heading for the docks.

Old wobbler

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:16 pm 

I know what you mean about the white vans, I was on my way back from Penrith today on the bike and this white van was doing a 120 down the Mway in the fast lane!! I didn't know they could go that fast :roll: I lost sight of him eventually when I "eased off" :mrgreen:

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm 

sketch424 wrote:
I know what you mean about the white vans, I was on my way back from Penrith today on the bike and this white van was doing a 120 down the Mway in the fast lane!! I didn't know they could go that fast :roll: I lost sight of him eventually when I "eased off" :mrgreen:

Was that to change up or change down?

Old wobbler

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm 

I was in 5th the whole time pootling along. but the bike doesn't feel quite safe enough to do anyting silly on, which just isn't me at all :shock:

White van wa**ers...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 am 

---------
Is not just white vans, bloody Audi drivers are as bad. One tried to take me out on the way into work the other day, was streaming down the middle of some traffic as i do every day and I don't know why but i spotted him watching me in his mirror so i shut the throttle and just rolled. when i got real close to him he opened his door, i stopped with a foot to spare, light went green so i let him go, next set were red so i pulled alongside and smashed the ba****d's wing mirror off an sat shouting abuse at him till the lights went green.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next