It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Water cooling system
 Post subject: Re: Water cooling system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm 

Fastfitter, having read you fan switch post, my undertsanding is that if I put the wires back on from the fan and short accross from the fan switch then I should get the fan to work. Correct?

Other than warming up the switch and seeing if the fan comes on or removing it, using a volt meter and heating water up will I know if the switch is working or not correct?

A new switch from Suzuki will cost about £40 so I want to be sure before splashing out..

Water cooling system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 pm 

Yep - with the ignition 'on' the fan is permanently live, it's just waiting for the switch to heat up and close to complete the circuit to earth ...

If you disconect the plug to the switch and short the harness side you're kidding it the switch has closed.

Profile E-mail  

Water cooling system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:47 pm 

Pulled the fairing off to find that the fan switch is in the radiator. However the PO has cut all the connectors and used the wire's to put a switch in the line. So its leve it as it is or new fan switch and some how find a bit of wire and connector that can join it all together.

Had the bike up to 101 degree's in the garage then flicked the switch to make the fan work. The fan very quickly brought the temperature down to 95 degrees.

I can only guess that the thermostat is working OK with out stripping it.

Water cooling system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm 

---------
Thermostat should open at 76 degrees, so below that the hose behind the stat should be warming and the one in front by the filler cap should be cold (that's looking at the Rf layout)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2