It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Time for a change
 Post subject: Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm 

I've had enough today at work.

After 29 years I just been told what amounts to a laugh for what I've worked for in all that time and not what I signed up to do.

So, I'm a qualified trainer on HGV searching, Edexcel assessor, Diploma in Management, built my own boat, rebuild motorcycles, with a HGV, PCV, Car and bike licence and a reliablity track record working for the Crown.

What sort of job can I find with those qualifications?

Old wobbler

Time for a change
 Post subject: Re: Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:35 pm 

ask for early retirement and start your own bike repair shop from home m8,if not enough room at home look for a small secure workshop.

Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 pm 

Bradlad wrote:
ask for early retirement and start your own bike repair shop from home m8,if not enough room at home look for a small secure workshop.

Too young to go on early retirement. :o I've a minium of 3 years before that. I would loose too much and with the comming merger they've shed the jobs that they needed to.

The bike idea is a good one but I doubt that I would make enough to cover what i need each month for the mortage and all the other bills with the wofe at Uni and kids at primary school.

:cry: :cry:

Old wobbler

Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:17 pm 

Had thought about doing some breaking of accident damaged bikes but that needs storage and having the right bikes. We've got a local Copart.....

Old wobbler

Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm 

I made more breaking my teapot than i paid for it as a running taxed and tested bike..

Provided you buy the right bikes or at the right price then theres plenty to be made.

Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 pm 

Hey matey,
just a thought and please bear with me on this, you would not be turning to the dark side, however, have a mate who works as a civilian Employed by the Police, he works, keeping the fleet of bikes on the road, works regular hours, on all kinds of bikes, in good premises, an because no one else really knows what he does etc, he is the only one qualified to it, he gets left alone to get on with things, he is very well thought of and respected, with all the other stuff you have i would have thought they would have been fighting to get to you,

just a thought anyway

Farley 8 :mrgreen:

Time for a change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 pm 

---------
Thanks for that.

Its a pity that my employer doesn't see it that way. If I left tomorrow it wouldn't worry them what happened, it would get done some way or it would get left and not worried about.

I can't say a lot publicaly, just hope you people understand.

Tomorrow is another day so will have to find a way of 'making peace with it' to get through the day.

Old wobbler

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]