It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
removal of the pilot bulb in situ
 Post subject: removal of the pilot bulb in situ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:46 am 

---------
Hi folks as you know its a (as neil says SOB job)
i can show you how to change the bulb without removing the fairing ..
ok first you need to remove LHS storage panel .
then take from the kitchen the sunday roast fork (yes dont laugh )the fork is long and thats what you need
then slot the fork so it holds the bulb holder

ok you have your bulb holder out change the bulb and use the fork to relocate the holder
before you put it back into the headlight smear a small amount of silicon grease around the holder
then relocate the bulb
once its located use a long flat bladed screwdriver to then push home the bulb holder ... it will be easy as you have lubricated the holder its just enough
force as you cannot get you hand in and if you do manage to push it you may get cramp as i did trying to use my fingers to start with

.i had this up on the site when i first changed the bulb ...
i did notice in one post ( kmh to mph) neil said to change the bulb while he had the chance

this is for all the people who need to change the pilot bulb but dont want to strip the front end down to do it

Russ the R&D Bod

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]