It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
REAR LIGHT mod in pictures
 Post subject: REAR LIGHT mod in pictures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:17 pm 

hi as you know we have been running the rear light modification that Roy FastFitter put up on site (thanks Roy )
well here is the mod in photos and text form
my way was to look at the wiring diagram and go WOW Err ok .. most people would but look at it like this ..
first of all take the loom set out in front of you its not going to bite
you need the earth ....ok first take the main earth from loom cut close to the old bulb holder then make the connection to the new one ( i would cut close to the terminal on the new holder ) solder that one do both sides
next wire is to be soldered to the white / black tracer check the bulb b4 you make the connection to the white black as this is the brake side of the circut
then do the other side check b4 you cover the joint to see if you have the right wire if so carry on .
the last two wires solder into the brown circut .. one of the last wires will need to have some wire added to the connection as its not quite long enough to reach the brown wire (take this into account ) i never cut the brown wire i just skinned 4mm off the sheath (coating)

Last edited by Russell on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: REAR LIGHT mod in pictures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:19 pm 

ok now its all done take to the bike plug the wires into the bike loom test it as it will be used

Post subject: Re: REAR LIGHT mod in pictures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:21 pm 

---------
this is to prove all the effort is going to be worth it in the end

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]