It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
poor bike
 Post subject: Re: poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:00 pm 

Absolute defo on making a claim!!!! It is in the same ball-park as a pedestrian tripping on the pavement!

Well done for staying on!!!!!

Note- As already said - make a note of everything and put it in your claim. Make full notes. Should you have a spinal injury, with back pain, they are responsible. Do not lose your notes our these pictures!!!

Best of luck, and glad you are ok!!!

:mrgreen:

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 pm 

Hughie, do you want help getting wheels and tyres (you can have the spare set of new tyres in the garage to help you out if you like) from the club to get you mobile again?

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:50 pm 

Sorry to hear this mate sure dont feel good when you hit one of them!!
I am not sure how to go about it but as the others say that is a danger and has caused you and bike some damage,there must be someone to hold accountable.

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:10 pm 

you did well to stay on. that must be a lot deeper than it looks in the pic to do that. now sue there arse's off

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:13 pm 

Worst bit is if you go through your insurance they will probably write your pride and joy off as uneconomical to repair....

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm 

bloody hell mate, glad ya managed to stay on it cos that's a hell of a hole in't road

poor bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 pm 

Thanks for all the concern and offers for parts for my bike, solicitor recommends I don't do anything with it for the moment until she decides if we have a case against the highways or county council. As I'm only TPFT I can't claim off my own insurance so this could work out as a very expensive fix as I think the forks and rear shock could be damaged as well from the force of the impact.
Been to docs this morning for a check up, I've got whiplash, back pain, arm pain, numb left hand, knackered knees, sore left foot and crushed nuts (left one took largest impact). But apart from that I'm OK........
Do you think I should sell my lucky underpants on e-bay my wife says after six or seven more washes they should be clean?. Hughie

P.S. Sorry about the size of the pictures went on to photobucket but forgot to resize them.
Sorry Drac.

poor bike
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:40 am 

Bad crack dude. Thats a hell of a dent in the wheel! Not much of a consolation at mo but suppose could have been a lot worse if you'd come off! Where abouts in newcastle you based?

poor bike
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
hughie wrote:
P.S. Sorry about the size of the pictures went on to photobucket but forgot to resize them.
Sorry Drac.

No problem the pics are fine......and in photobucket :ty:

Profile E-mail  

poor bike
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 pm 

---------
I have a set of rf wheels the rear is fine, however the front is a little lumpy. they'll be fine to get you on the road again til you can get new ones if you like. actually the tread on the front is low so forget that... I have a rear wheel as well....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next