It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
pink wire?
 Post subject: Re: pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 am 

Banditpat - i believe it limits the revs in lower gears ever so slightly to allow for euro emission regs or some such tosh - disconnect and leave it be - mine was dyno'd and set up with it swinging in the breeze :mrgreen:

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:21 am 

in truth it actually retards the ignition so the engine will produce much lower power in the first 3 gears to help keep the nose down.

try popping wheelies on the clutch with it connected, then disconnect it and you is in for a lil suprise

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:55 pm 

I want one to disconnect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

pink wire?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:03 pm 

found the wire today, pulled it out......wow i love it 8-)

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:32 pm 

I was bit bored today,so went out to the garage for a bit of bike time. Decided to look for this mystical pink wire,and found this...

it was connected to the pink wire,with an earth connected too, has some japanese writing on the back of it, anyone got any idea what it is? I've left it off,and the pink wire disconnected for now.

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:31 pm 

Never seen or heard of the like? It would be nice to know what it does?

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:56 pm 

New one on me - give it time, i'm sure FF and the like are on the case :mrgreen:

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm 

That my friends is a bone fide "whatthefkisthat"...

I have looked on the wiring diagram and it just shows a resistor.. however i have never seen a resistor with a dedicated earth...

All I can think of is its an after market gear position indicator CPU.. but its not like one i have ever seen before..

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:16 pm 

Bike is a US import,totally standard as far as i could tell, but this little box was just cable tied on to the frame,certainly looks aftermarket,but no idea what it is.never ridden the bike without it yet,so can't say if it makes any difference to performance.No gear indicator or anything fitted.I did notice upon pulling away hard in 1st that the bike ,well, felt like the chain was slipping... but only under really hard acceleration from a standstill-sounds daft I know. I actually thought/think my gearbox was fubared,but after only 12000 miles I can't see it. ?

pink wire?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 pm 

---------
That looks like what my grandad used to call 'a whim-whom for a goose's bridle' :shock:

I'd guess it's some sort of resistor to cancel out the effect of the different resistances on the standard neutral switch block.

Dunno though :|

Can you stick an ohm-meter across the pinks to see what it reads?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next