It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Newbie with a non starting bike
 Post subject: Re: Newbie with a non starting bike
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:49 pm 

Hi and wecome along , I wont confuse you anymore with advise plus mine would probally be a load of pish anyway!!! Listen to the guys who know and I am sure your problem will be solved!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm 

Hi Jon and welcome.
Not sure if this is relevant as I'm not really up on this sort of thing.
I fitted a rack for a top box recently and also had to remove the rear plasticcy bits.
I disconnected a White connector block type thing on the right hand side to be able to remove the rear light unit.
When I had finished I found that my lights didn't work and the connector block was the culprit, cleaned the terminals and reconnected firmly to resolve the issue.

I know I'm talking about lights but thought it may help, somehow!?........
Or not!

Jelly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 am 

Hi

Wow.... thanks for all the responses and in super quick time :D

Well the good news is, I got it started... yipeee! But the bad news is I didn’t exactly track down the issue (but who’s complaining)
I took off the seat, rack mounts and fairing, fitted a new fuse, disconnected and reconnected the Ignitor (is this the CDI??), wiggled a few connectors and checked the loom before thinking I’ll try to start the engine. And it started first time... phew. So I think I must have dislodged a connector or trapped the loom and pulled a connector apart slightly, when I put the fairing on last time. Anyhow I unplugged every connector, sprayed them with contact cleaner and cleaned them but they all seamed pretty good to be honest.

Oh well.. its all good anyhow. I am riding to Italy through France and Switzerland in a few weeks so I am doing a few miles "shakedown" to iron out any little faults. I am becoming a dab hand at removing the rear fairing and learnt a bit about the loom already :lol:

Anyhow, thanks again for all the help and idea's ;)

Jon

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:18 am 

wehay!!! at least it is sorted mate! its allways the simple jobs that turn out like this, i think its safe to say we have all been there in one way or another!!

safe riding buddy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Not sure if you are doing this already Jon but it IS possible to remove the two sides and the rear lamps all in one rather than remove the tail center piece (I expect you know this already - so apologies)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 am 

Glad to hear its sorted Jon, I know how frustrating something like that can be..

Dont forget pics on your tour, and a writeup for the news letter and the forum would be cool too m8 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:32 pm 

---------
best of look on your trip /ok

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2