It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New Tyres
 Post subject: Re: New Tyres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 am 

I've got almost 2K miles on my Dunlop Roadsmarts and they are hardly showing any wear. I'm hoping to get about 8K out of em.

New Tyres
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 pm 

i seem to be getting pretty good mileage out of my conti's went for the more sports touring versions not the road attacks though, mine cost £160 fitted for both, try wemoto's website, they are doing deals on maxxis which i have hears are pretty good and are quite cheap they have been running them at BSS this year and have not been too bad

New Tyres
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 pm 

It looks like I may have to slow down and not be so aggressive. I thought I was a bit of an old slow coach.
When my son bought his Sachs (now deceased ) he had his knee down within 5 miles of ownership. I know as I was following him after taking him to pick it up. He just got off a scooter. I think it must be the RF is a better bike. It certainty has most power of any bike.

New Tyres
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:24 am 

putting knee on the floor on a sach is easy. there only the size of a matchbox it's not a long reach. :mrgreen:
bit further on an rf

New Tyres
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:44 pm 

---------
Yeah...my knees are usualy around my chin :lol: :lol:

I went out a couple of weeks ago and it was warm,the roads were clear and dry and everything felt right so i had a go at moving arse cheeks off the seat and swinging my leg out etc..

and what happened? yep, for the first time in my life my knee touched the floor.

I dont have sliders as my trousers are only the waterproof type so i felt it quite well, but i have to admit it felt good.
I have never been one of the "knee down brigade" and still arnt but if it happens it happens. :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2