It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
my bikes better than yours crap....
 Post subject: Re: my bikes better than yours crap....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Talking of Gold Wings...... :roll: .........I saw two on my travels today. The first I acknowledged with a nod of the head - he ignored me completely and the second I had the misforune to be stuck behind on a busy country road. He was leaning the bike round corners but as he did, his body leant the other way :B:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:47 pm 

sketch424 wrote:
nah go out at first light when the air is crisp and clear til you start the bike up and get those great fumes that fill your lungs and your veins :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I really want to get riding properly again over summer, just never seem to have the cash, but hopefully this summer will be different!!!

I agree mate,

I've been up to the cat and fiddle a few times and have had a drink and a chat then carried on riding, got to macclesfield and done a u turn and have seen the same peeps and bikes there as before lol.

i prefer to be out at first light and spend the day riding, then home for bbq and beer lol

Have lots of 'biker' friends, who go out at about 11 and will be back home for about 2 or 3.....i dont see the point in getting my leathers on for that lol, takes me longer to get in and out of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 pm 

went out yesterday.
left the house at 9
road the long way round to northwich with the better half on the back.
walked round j and s failinng to get a new lid because the place is crap.
rode the longway back.
didn't stop at a cafe
out till around 2-3 (somewhere in between)
saw lots of BMW riders only one nodded.
saw lots of r1's non of the nodded
saw lots of zxr's lots of them nodded
go figure.

fingers crossed it's nice tomorrow for my ride into work.
although i may have to ride the push bike if it's nice as i really need to get into shape.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:06 am 

Not sure how many of you guys are from the US, but here in Northern California almost everybody acknowledges. Most of the riders are friendly. You still get the cocky ones and the 'power rangers', but most of the time they are friendly too.

Probably the ones that are the least friendly are the goldwingers, but that's probably cause they're almost asleep :lol:

It's kinda weird hearing you guys talk about the year round riding. Here, almost no one rides in the rain. Maybe we are pansies, but we don't ride in the cold or wet!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:27 am 

aknight1 wrote:
Not sure how many of you guys are from the US, but here in Northern California almost everybody acknowledges. Most of the riders are friendly. You still get the cocky ones and the 'power rangers', but most of the time they are friendly too.

Probably the ones that are the least friendly are the goldwingers, but that's probably cause they're almost asleep :lol:

It's kinda weird hearing you guys talk about the year round riding. Here, almost no one rides in the rain. Maybe we are pansies, but we don't ride in the cold or wet!!

Think it's safe to say that people who often ride in the rain usually don't have another form of transport! As soon as I leave University and can insure a car I'll definitely be reducing my wet-weather riding to a minimum!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:31 am 

I used to ride in anything however now im choosy, I wont ride in fog, snow or strong winds.

Rain and cold doesnt bother me, I have decent all weather gear so still enjoy the ride. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 am 

Larry wrote:

Think it's safe to say that people who often ride in the rain usually don't have another form of transport! As soon as I leave University and can insure a car I'll definitely be reducing my wet-weather riding to a minimum!

nope. i have car aswell. just rather use the bike. only the snow and ice tend to stop me. (and bike in peices that stops me too :( )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:18 pm 

well my points on this subject are varied, ever since my first bike at 16 years old a yammy as125 2 stroke twin. While going up purley way i passed a Norton commando i was doing about 65 70mph flat out looking in my mirrors there was nothing, where is he? about half way up the hill bang he passed me so fast to say the least i pooed i had to stop because i could`nt stop shaking i loved it. i allways wave and nodd i noticed in london nobody does wave nowadays. I used to work pony express in london in the rain, snow, ice for a year or so so you see all sorts now i like to ride in the dry i allways s o r n the bike in the winter they put so much salt down it gets in all the bearings and within a year or so the bike looks crap so i do projects next time im going to chrome the frame and swing arm(i hope) now i love nothing more than sitting at the lights next to a twat in a vts saxo let them think they have you licked then bye bye. anyway keep safe and wave/nodd bacause next time you end up on the side of the road scratching your head i will be the bike that stops and offers help, not like some just glide past now that is rude not even a thumbs up to see if they are ok how can they sleep at night !!!!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:11 am 

refering back to the originalilty of this topic, riding down the A14 this morning and came across a bloke on a BMW GS1150, he looked like he had just crashed through the Heine Gerick window all matching kit, bluetooth head set, full panniers, each to their own as they :roll: ( its still 2 wheels) say so a wave of the foot as i pass , in return i got nothing. Not a nod nothing. :huh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:53 pm 

---------
The only bikers that don't wave around here are the poseurs on their Harley-Davidsons. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next