It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
my bikes better than yours crap....
 Post subject: Re: my bikes better than yours crap....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:47 pm 

:D well what can i say. i dress like a power ranger. if it's dry
i like to go to the cafe even more so if i'm skint at least i'm still getting out and about. i sometimes ride fast not as fast as when i was younger. but can still amble along when needed. wheelies and donuts can't do either. i have got my knee down but not often at all. most of my gear and bike are off ebay. if you did not know me and i walked past you would think or they goes another one. but not everyone is the same. i always nod or wave at other riders. and i only come out at the weekend. i have had my years riding to work through winters and rain on thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm 

task wrote:
but can still amble along when needed.

nah ya faster than ambling, brisk stroll at least.... :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 pm 

I always give "the nod" and am sometimes suprised by who acknowledges and who does not. Last week a "power ranger" over took me on a nice cbr600. He had a can with two outlets and was loud as hell! I caught him up at the lights, we both had visors up. He nodded at me so i said "nice can". He suprised me by saying"nice bike" whilst gesturing to my beast. The lights changed and he roared off like he was rossi! Meanwhile i was making sure i hadn't stalled cos mine seemed so quiet. It takes allsorts to make the world go round. If i'm honest i would love a new bike with matching gear rather than ebay bargains but i live within my means...and ride within them too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:02 pm 

it's not just power rangers that dont nod though is it. theres the BMW gs thingy riders with the hard luggage who think they are charley mcgregor or something too. and they really annoy me as they don't even ride well and they are that wide you have to ride round them like their a car.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm 

shandy wrote:
I always give "the nod" and am sometimes suprised by who acknowledges and who does not. Last week a "power ranger" over took me on a nice cbr600. He had a can with two outlets and was loud as hell! I caught him up at the lights, we both had visors up. He nodded at me so i said "nice can". He suprised me by saying"nice bike" whilst gesturing to my beast. The lights changed and he roared off like he was rossi! Meanwhile i was making sure i hadn't stalled cos mine seemed so quiet. It takes allsorts to make the world go round. If i'm honest i would love a new bike with matching gear rather than ebay bargains but i live within my means...and ride within them too!

The voice of reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm 

Reading all these gripes and groans and wish lists had made my day!
Quality thread!
I have a strange urge to make sure I get my knee down for the first time (ever) this year. Does this make me a power ranger wanna be? Ive found a nice r/bout near me and im currently scraping toes on boots so I cant be far off? I think is my early 30's midlife crisis thingy. Any shrinks out there?
I cant / dont want to wheelie, always fell off my bmx trying as a nipper and as for doughnuts....What the f....? All that money, sorry rubber going up in smoke. Hell, if i win the lotto Im gonna doughnut my way thru the first 10k. Sweeeeet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Jimbo - midlife crisis at 30?????? wtf did I have when I was 50 then :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 pm 

Drac wrote:
Jimbo - midlife crisis at 30?????? wtf did I have when I was 50 then :o

And I'm sayin' nuffin, apart from Thanks Jimbo for pointing out the advancing (nay, galloping) years..... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:49 pm 

Second stage midlife crisis.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm 

---------
My bike is better then yours ;) .

Nah, just kidding. The 'weekend warriers' bug me I admit, along with factory cruiser riders and the 'caravan club' (Goldwings), but hey, horses for courses and all that.

I don't think I'm any better then them, or that I'm more of a biker, even though I can't resist taking the p*ss :lol: .

Yes I ride in all weathers all year round. Even if it's raining I still may think, 'sod it, I'm going for a spin'.

I hardly ever wash my bike, because their such an arse too clean, but It crazes me having a dirty bike :? .

I couldn't care less if they nod or wave, it would be nice if they did, but perhaps their concertrating on the road?

So let's get out there, ride our bikes and enjoy it while we can. After all the tree hugging namby-pamby poofters may well ban it soon.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next