It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Insurance
 Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm 

Bombshell alert, bombshell alert...

Ok, i was considering a winter hack and some of the cheap RF600's would have been a good option..

Till i got an insurance quote.

All RF600 owners please look away now.

The RF600 is EXACTLY the same to insure as the 900, same group and everything...

So I have to ask...

Why??

Insurance
 Post subject: Re: Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Thats strange Neil as only Yesterday Glynis had a quote for her and myself (named driver) from the aa fully comp for £73 !!! maybe its our age but remember Glynis has just 3 years experience

My RF900 fully comp costs me £123 - but that is for two bikes!!! (me only - with ebike)

Profile E-mail  

Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 pm 

Drac wrote:
Thats strange Neil as only Yesterday Glynis had a quote for her and myself (named driver) from the aa fully comp for £73 !!! maybe its our age but remember Glynis has just 3 years experience

My RF900 fully comp costs me £123 - but that is for two bikes!!! (me only - with ebike)

You answered your own statement there m8, £123 for 2 bikes...

I pay £230 for mine TPFT and the cheapest quote i got for a 600 was the same, with the same company.

Since my original post i have done some digging and they are both group 13 yet the power output and relative speeds (0-60 and top speed) are very different, the 900 is MUCH faster yet the same group.

Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
But surely, with my two bikes (900's), they know I can only ride ONE at a time but the 600 could be ridden every day by one of us, but the price is a lot lower?

Profile E-mail  

Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 pm 

Its not just the fact you can ride one at a time m8, its the theft risk too.

They have to cover each bike against theft/ liability so the premium is adjusted to cover the 2 bikes, taking into account only one can be ridden but both could be stolen.

Insurance
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm 

Hi all

I was suprised how much My RF was to insure, it's about double the cost my Bandit was (it's worht it though :D )

Bradlad - When I moved down here I went from a BD21 postcode to an RG24 Code - my insurance on my car and bike both halved. That also included going from garaged to non-garaged. It did annoy me how much of a weighting there really is on a Bradford postcode.

Insurance
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:27 pm 

I pay £161 TPFT in Leeds 10 non garaged would have been cheaper, much cheaper but I have a few speeding points.

Insurance
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:16 am 

---------
Hi Gota say I use Ebike for insurance £199 fuly Comp inc breakdown recovery !!!!, not needed as yet ,, :) where a lump of wood handy lol.
got the bike chained up in the garage with car parked in front of it, so pretty safe there...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]