It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
How much paint?
 Post subject: How much paint?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:20 pm 

Hi guys!
Following on from a knock the other night, I'm looking into getting the main side panel sprayed. I wondered how much paint and base I'd need to get for that? I can get some one to do the job but he's not familiar with bike colour codes. I know I can get the 19A red and suitable silver base, but don't know how much I'd need. Anyone got a bit of experience on this?
Ta!

-Colm

Profile E-mail  

How much paint?
 Post subject: Re: How much paint?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
I used two cans on Emeralds bike - that was the nosecone, front mudguard and two rear panels ( but the rear panels only had a couple of coatsbut I was asked to do them as the fading was so bad they were almost white in places)

Profile E-mail  

How much paint?
 Post subject: Re: How much paint?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am 

---------
1/2 litre at the most of each + thinners and that will leave you with spare for touchups. assuming your not using spray cans that is. a complete bike is about a litre for 3 coats but you cant buy it smaller than 1/2 litre im afriad (or atleast i've never seen it sold in less)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]