It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Hello, I'm nearly back.......
 Post subject: Re: Hello, I'm nearly back.......
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm 

that was your body getting rid of all the crap in your lungs Roy :lol: getting some fresh air in and all that :mrgreen:

speedy recovery James!! my lady has also been rather ill lately which kinda sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 pm 

Get well soon OW , know how it feels !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:43 am 

James hope ya feels much better very soon mate..

Roy the first 6 to 8 weeks after quitting are super tough (coughs, colds, infections) but if ya make it through ya will feel better. is not easy though and is made harder by the non smokers telling ya how easy it is. cos then you thinking why it's so tough for you, well the bad news is that it is tough. good news is ya can beat it.

I quit from 40 a day 8 years ago. I still have days that I could kill for a cig but they are few and far between now...

don't quit quitting..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
---------
I was on 60-80 a day!! Yeah honest I was. I found it easy to give up (sorry Glenn) but heres why I found it easy.

I was a charge nurse in a hospital for that horrible old term the "Mentally Subnormal" and my GP was sympathetic. Any time I suffered from Bronchitis, I only had to phone him and I got a sick note and prescription without seeing him. I never abused it as I loved my job.

We moved - had to change GP's and the first time I got Bronchitis after, I had to go to the surgery - half a mile all up a steep hill. I walked in those days and managed about 200 yard before almost keeling over. I never got to the surgery - he came out to me.

THAT was the moment I decided to quit and I never smoke again. That was back in 1980.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2