It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Hands Up.........
 Post subject: Re: Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:18 pm 

Me Me (jumping up and down waving both hands in the air) I only got a 5 mile shakedown but it was sweet. downside is now I can't take it out again till monday... boo

but

on monday I get new front rubber fitted at 10.00 am and then I have the rest of the day to scrub it in.... WOO HOO.

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Old wobbler wrote:
Now comes the hard question.

Which one will you be taking, left hand or right hand bike from your signature?

old wobbler

Its the Purple one - thats always been the one for a good ride on my own - its faster in accelleration and top speed as well as more economical. The blue one was never intended to be ridden as much as it was last year, only due to the problems I had with the purple bike that took me ages to afford to have fixed. All done now. Blue one is due MOT March but should go straight through

Profile E-mail  

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

yorkshirepuddin wrote:
i love your blue one drac. why do you prefer to ride the purple one?

The blue one is special - I will ride it to events, meets etc and the crutch carriers fit to that but not the other so I will always use that if I need to walk far once I get anywhere. It has a lot of stone chips and paint off on the belly pan and nose and as its so white and aged, not easy to match.

Also as it was done in gsxr colours I am not sure what years colours they used. I tried to get touch upo paints but they weren't an exact match. I love it more than the purple bike but see the above post for why I like the purple bike

Profile E-mail  

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:02 am 

russ got out on his today haha first time I;ve been pillion in ages!!! really strange as a bike feels so different from the back when you have no control. had to physically stop myself from pre-empting corners and leaning before the corner, instead of just leaning with the bike.....

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:20 am 
Site Admin

I dont think I could be a pillion passenger - even if there was a pillion seat big enough for my arse!!!

Profile E-mail  

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:23 am 

Didn't go out today but I'm planning to tomorrow, hope it's as nice as it was today!

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 am 

Boo hoo!. I have used the RF every day since last Saturday :D an it was very mucky. I decided that Friday night I would clean it and cover it up as I will not be around for at least three weeks. :( I had decided to use the supplied company van for work on this Saturday's travel to Sittingbourne and when I came home in early afternoon I see the glorious sun shine and all the extra bikes on the road only to be in the van. :( I was glad that at least I did not suffer heavy traffic at the tunnel.

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 pm 

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:04 pm 

got the old gs425 out on saturday, its still taxed but needs an mot so will take on tuesday. parts came from crooks suzuki for my rf9 waterpump and clutch pushrod on friday so, next weekend and a bit of luck should see it back on the road!! its been hard driving a car with the sun out these last few days!!! :lol:

Hands Up.........
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:15 pm 

---------
been out sat and sun and it was great. been with our lass today to fridaythorpe. saw loads of my old mates.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next