It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Forum Downtime
 Post subject: Forum Downtime
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
As you probably know, the forum was down for some time earlier tonight.

This is because, as it states, there are too many people trying to connect to the database at the same time.

This is most likely not because of connecting to our site, but because the database is shared and some other site will be hogging all the connections.

Don't forget you can also gain access by using this address http://rf-owners.forums-free.com/ if you can't get on the rfowners address.

This is the joy of being on a free hosted phpBB site

Profile E-mail  

Forum Downtime
 Post subject: Re: Forum Downtime
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:02 am 

Drac. Earlier I couldn't get in to the site via either route that you emailed us with or via Google search engine. That included the free forum version. :cry:

Old wobbler

Forum Downtime
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 am 

Yeah i tried getting on via various means and couldnt.. I didnt want to bother Drac till morning.

Forum Downtime
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
---------
Chaps, I am in the same boat as you. Although it said "contact administrator" it is a phpBB wide problem and it doesn't mean contact ME. There is nothing I can do when things go wrong with the bulletin board so contacting me will not make any difference, now, past or any time in the future.

I am here almost all day so if there is a problem I (a) know about it (b) am trying to resolve it.

Yesterday I spent over 2 hours looking at support forums and at the end of it all was none the wiser (regards resolving the issue). There are thousands, no, tens of thousands, of free BB's using this area and believe me, they all have problems at some time or another.

As for the different addresses, the http://rf-owners.forums-free.com/forum.html one can be tried but that is where the forum is hosted so if there is a problem with the main phpBB, then that link WONT work

The link is just our domain name (which I paid a SMALL amount of cash for) and when you click on it, it just forwards us to the other address. The forums.free addres IS where we are, the rfownersclub is just to make it easier for us to be found or for us to remember.

Hope that explains - by the way, I don't really have a clue what I am talking about - well, I have a small idea but probably not much more than the ret of you.

Just believe me when I say, if the site is down, I don't need to be told and I am looking into it - but all too often you, like me, will have to grin and bear it :mrgreen: Just chill out and find another corner of the wondrful world of t'internet until we are back

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]