It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Controversial question?
 Post subject: Re: Controversial question?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm 

golf mk3 gti 2.0ltr 8v :D

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm 

Pikey wrote:
I had a 1964 dodge 440 that was "the dogs danglies" as you might say. and yes I am the aforementioned individual whom only owns a bike, because I traded away my car for my RF600R. My bike is my only mode of transportation. as for the rain I will be out in it tonight!

Hey dude, i wonder if you and a few of the other peeps the other side of the pond could give me a rough idea on Mopar prices at the mo. Specifically '68 ( not a '69 as the '68's rear lights are just so sexy....... 8-) )Charger 440 R/T with either the 727 'flite or 4 on the floor. Doesnt have to be concourse or numbers matching but pref decent body with little bondo ( i know the rear quarters and boot floors rot out so that aint a biggie ) , have decent interior with good headlining n dash ( tic toc would be nice ;) ), gona be sprayed plum cra-zy anyway so bad paint aint no great shakes, and deep dish centrelines added at a later date. Power brakes and uprated poly bushes would be a bonus. Anywayz has the market calmed down yet ?, as 5 yrs ago there were crazy prices being bandied about.......

Coronets, Darts n GTX's would be on my list as well - in roughly the same shape as above.

Ta muchly.......... :mrgreen:

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 pm 

I would love a 69 charger, for obvious reasons... but prices are crazy.

Nearly got one about 10 years ago, a friend was coming to live in the UK and her neighbour was selling one.

Importing it would have cost more than the car so I decided to give it a miss..

I still kick myself for it

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 pm 

floydfan, I sent you a pm.

the 69 charger is pretty much my favorite old car. To me it is the perfect muscle car. just leave the general lee paint job off of it that is.... :freeky: what an abomination.

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 pm 

Oh and before the car I had a bunch of other bikes. one of which was a 1977 cb750k that I rode year round for like 3 years. blizzards and all. there was a great many times when I was out riding behind the plow trucks. and lets not forget the fully race modded 1995 fzr1000 that I traded a ducati for at the very start of winter, and rode until spring when a conrod bearing went bad on it. I have spent waaay more time with just a bike, than I have with a car. I like it that way!

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 am 

SAAB 9-5 SE estate.

Just love them and I hate volvo's.

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:30 pm 

We have a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0di. Had eight years and all I have done is replace brake pluid, front discs and a battery.
+ three sets of tyres and several sets of front brake pads. Not bad for 130,000+ miles.
When I bought it I had four young children to ferry about. It,s too good to spend doe on a replacement that may not live upto the Zafira.

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:03 pm 

Ive got a 97 306 Turbo Diesel in dark green, interior and bodywork are near perfect, goes well if i need it to and its cheap to run, climate control dont work, it smokes when started from cold and when you put your foot down, stops people following too close!!

Getting used a bit while im waiting for the RF back but normally it sits on the drive waiting for a rainy weekend.

:mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 pm 

dont have a car, if it was up to me I wouldnt get one, but I am being pressured to get one for work so I can carry equipment around with me etc etc. it's a drag to be honest I just cant afford to run another vehicle so I'll have to ask for a raise :mrgreen:

after all with three bikes it's difficult.... yeah thats right the zzr1100 is coming home, in a heap mind you but it's coming home :D :D

Controversial question?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 pm 

---------
Erm, why on earth are you getting the ZZR back? how much is that costing you?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next