It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Changing the Dog Bones.
 Post subject: Re: Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:55 pm 

No, I have no idea why the Bandit ones lower it.. it must be a difference in the layout of the knuckle.

The top link of the 2 i posted is worth contacting, he also does a 40mm version which is the one I have on.

I have just raised my preload to level 5, it was on 3 and ok but with my weight it was sagging a bit much..

Seems great now, so you should be able to drop yours to 3 if you change the bones.

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm 

I will contact the seller. I have used him a few times and he's very helpful. He sells stainless bolts and will make an order up to your sizes.

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm 

I won a pair from the seller on ebay for £8 inc del, slight seconds. One side of one of the dog bones has whats described as water marks in the protective coating. You wont see it when there fitted. These raise a Bandit by 35mm, have to wait and see until I put them on how high or low they raise an RF9?

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm 

Let us know m8, as according to the manuals the ones that lift the Bandit, should lower the RF..

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:19 pm 

Miff wrote:
I won a pair from the seller on ebay for £8 inc del, slight seconds. One side of one of the dog bones has whats described as water marks in the protective coating. You wont see it when there fitted. These raise a Bandit by 35mm, have to wait and see until I put them on how high or low they raise an RF9?

measure them before you put them on mate. so we can compare the difference between originals. (i'll dig mine out tonight and measure them)

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:13 pm 

I've been in contact with the seller and these will lower the RF. If anyone has a Bandit and wants to raise the back end, I have a pair of brand new dog bones, cheap.

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm 

I forgot I took this pic, to give you an idea of the difference between standard and the ones that will lift the back end by about 2", obviously its the shorter ones that will lift the bike up.

Changing the Dog Bones.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 pm 

---------
The one's I have measure 174mm centre to centre.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2