It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Broken down
 Post subject: Re: Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:25 pm 

im kinda thinking that if she backfired she has got a spark, i will charge the battery for an hour or two if no luck then ill borrow my car battery and try that

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:47 pm 

newly charged battery, still not going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 pm 

have you tried bumping it. if my battrey is not fully charged mine will not start. but will bump off. is the choke working ok not sticking? try the petrol tap on reerve to make sure the on postion is not blocked. is the air vent in the tank blocked? you have not changed the plug leads round and got them mixed up?

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:32 pm 

Pull the plug leads and plugs from the engine. Put a plug into the caps and see what spark you get from each lead to check that you've got spark.

If you've no spark then its a parts swap exercise.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
Think back to the day the problem started - did you add anything or do anything that could've caused this to happen ?

Profile E-mail  

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:28 pm 

At a bit of a lost, have been trying all day, got the batteries on charge again tonight, will continue to struggle tomorrow, up **** streak if i need parts as i need the bike for work.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Kingswood - South Gloucestershire (5m to Bristol & 13m to Bath)
When my blue and white bike became difficult to start recently, it was found to be a choke problem

Profile E-mail  

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:48 pm 

hey tony, just to confirm...when you are checking for a spark the plug is touching the engine??? as if its just floating and not touching a non painted bit of the engine it wont spark mate.

if the plugs are touching a non-painted part of the engine and still no spark i would look into the coils maybe the leads are breaking down. i would offer my help mate but i wont be able to get to you untill wed because of me working nights at the moe!

Broken down
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:42 am 

Morning YP.

Whats the plan of campaign for today? Do you have any spare coils / CDI / ECU that you can change out to see if that sorts it.

Have you checked the wireling loom up by the headstock for a broken wire or checked the wiring connections? Going to sound funny but have you also had a quick look at the electronic ignition and checked that all the parts are intact?

Broken down
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:10 pm 

---------
Just about checked everything, dont have any spare coils or cdu.

I have found cable 4 and 2 to be extremely wet and corroded when they go into the pointed tip of the coil. redressed the damaged parts and tried again.

No spark.

checked all other electrical connections all good and tight.

looks like i will have to replace both coils, all four ht leads and the cdu, anyone know the part numbers for a 93 600.

does anyone know any suzuki dealers or bike spares open on a sunday down south?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next