It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Broken down
 Post subject: Re: Broken down
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 am 

Okay,

The RF600 I have tottally stopped running and it was like the fuel was not getting there, found out it was the sparks.
Also you have the ignighter pack under the seat (you could borrow my RF600 one if your local to check and see). Also I have a set of coils that I could sell too with leads. Other than that it could be fuel, check the supply, empty an old style washing up bottle, clean it inside well, take off tank and reserve switch and fill the botttle half way with fuel and push the end into the main pipe. Squeeze the bottle and try to start the bike. The end of the bottle "normally" makes a good fit to the pipe, check first to make sure the type of bottle dont melt with fuel.

Hugz

Chrisie x

Broken down
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:19 pm 

Hi m8
Drain the carbs from the bottom into a clear container look for water then refill and drive off .... POSSIBLY....

Broken down
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:36 pm 

Thanks for all the advise, I will start in the morning stripping her down, need to charge the battery overnight as its dead from trying to start her.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 am 

I'm sorry but I keep forgetting that an RF has a fuel pump.

Before going to far in the strip down check that the fuel pump is working and delivering fuel. Could be that the pump has an intermittent fault (electrical) or like the new 1250 bandits the pump could be faulty due to age.

Old wobbler

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 am 

OK, i have confirmed that the fuel pump is running and delivering fuel to the rail.

I took out the first spark plug, and turned bike over and cannot see a spark, checked others and no spark.

Off to get new plugs.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:17 am 

Lets hope its as easy as a set of plugs not a coil or CDI breaking down. The fact that it ran for a while then died puts it more towards an electrical fault as there's fuel running.

Lets hope you can find the problem and get it resolved quickly.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 am 

so do i as i need it for work on Monday.

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:42 pm 

Any luck with new plugs?

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 pm 

new plugs fitted. STILL NOTHING

have taken off the dodgy plug that got wet and slightly melted last time off, and connected cables up together,

put all back together, flat bloody battery

just before she finally dies she backfired once, sounds a little promising if i charge the battery

Broken down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 pm 

---------
Did you get any sparks before the battery went down?

Is it a Gell battery?

Can you not jump it from the car to see if the bike will run? (not with the engine of the car running BTW.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next