It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
1995 RF600R Upgrades
 Post subject: Re: 1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:30 am 

all depends on your budget mate really. k4 gixxer thou front end will cost anything upward of £450 but i must admit i do love the black stantions, very nice

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:18 am 

Im just afraid of getting in above my skill level. Im a bit sketchy on my fab skills. I dont know how to go about making it all work. I may have to get some step by step help from someone who has the know-how and the patience to guide me through it all. I just cant leave well enough alone I guess!

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am 

last rolling road the bike was pulling around 125. as stock it was 105.
not a bad increase.
it's no where near that now as the things have worn or been changed.
it's a route i will not be bothering with again. it takes a lot of effort to keep the bike running right.

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 am 

Thanks. I may skip the engine mods for now and just focus on dialing in the suspension. Maybe ride her around a little bit and get a personal feel for what needs changed. I do have a tendency to go a bit overboard with tweaking and modding. I had a 95 yammy FZR1000 with cams and jets and filters and the pipe and it wasnt enough! LOL. I just always have to have a crazy bike whether its 165 hp or 100 hp I just always wanna be working on it. its really just my way of bonding with the bike. developing a relationship with it if you will. ha!

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:59 pm 

you have the bug mate, i have had it since i was 9....i cant stop changing things on my bikes! hahahaha. just to let you know mate that usd's are not perfect...you can get the same result from a decent set of RWU forks....the sv ones are good!

This is my bandit (and my ducati that i have finished and sold) on the first build and im currently re-building it as we speak to make it better! i am an infected man!!! oh and if you want a walk through for changing the forks i can write one up for you mate.

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:53 am 

Beautiful bikes. seriously. never messed with suzukis till now but I have had a few ducs in my day and I love them dearly. as far as having the bug goes I have had it since I was about 15 or 16 when me and a friend developed something known as the "motorcycle sh!*grin". (dont know the policy on obscenities here) I have been obsessed with anything on two wheels ever since. My girlfriend is already jealous of the bike...
Which brings me to the fact that I got my paperwork legit this morning and just rolled in now at 12:30 in the friggin am! the verdict is in. I love this bike. I rode all day. its not the fastest. or best handling. But its not bad in either department. it scoots quite nice, and has something about it that I just keep liking more and more. Its such a wierd bike. I know bikes pretty well I think and somehow this one has eluded me till now. it has something essential to any good bike: Character. the bike has just got a good personality.

as far as a write up on fork swapping that would be just stellar. and always good for the forum too. if you could recommend a year sv that would be great. How are the brakes on the sv? number of pistons per caliper? I got spoiled with my old 6 piston callipers out front. and what can be done about the rear? do I dare say swingarm swap? also a stupid queston. what does RWU stand for?

hey, thanks for being so helpful. Hope i can return the favor someday.

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am 

RWU. right way up. haha

sv has 4 pot tokicos up front but AFAIK they are the same spacing as a GSXR so 6 pots are an option. to be honest the 4's on the SV are very good anyway so i wouldn't bother. you'll need to change the master cylinder as well as the SV has a slightly larger one from memory.

if you go down the SV route get the forks from an SVs and use the clip-ons. put a set of rearsets on and you got yourself a nice riding position for not much work.

why bother with the rear brake. it's only there to balance it doesn't give any actual braking. anad before i get slated for that i will say that this is ment in jest. but the rear brake does very little.

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:46 pm 

Its not the rear brake i was curious about. I was more interested in the monoshock. is the factory one very good with some tinkering?

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 pm 

If your on the factory original its time to change. Ohlin is probably the best way to go for a rear end adjustabel shock but at a price.

Front end swap for upside downs will normally mean swapping the yoke (tripple tree's) with the donor bike and having the RF stem pushed out and fitted to the donor yokes.

You'll have to play with spindle spacers for an RF wheel.

Braied lines and a 6 pot is the way to go.

1995 RF600R Upgrades
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:13 pm 

---------
I may just go with the sv forks, and the six pots from the gsxr. the mono I may have to really save up for. does ohlins make one specific to this bike or will I have to modify?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next